Charging & Remissions Policy
All education during school hours is free. We do not charge for any activity undertaken as part of the National Curriculum.
Prohibition of Charges
The Governing Body recognises that the legislation prohibits charges for the following:
- Education provided during school hours (including the supply of any materials, books, instruments or other equipment);
- Education provided outside school hours if it is part of the National Curriculum, or part of a syllabus for a prescribed public examination that the pupil is being prepared for at the school, or part of religious education;
- Tuition for pupils learning to play musical instruments if the tuition is required as an essential part of the National Curriculum.
- Entry for a prescribed public examination, if the pupil has been prepared for it at the school;
- Education provided on any trip that takes place during school hours;
- Education provided on any trip that takes place outside school hours if it is part of the National Curriculum or part of a syllabus for a prescribed public examination that the pupil is being prepared for at the school, or part of the schools basic curriculum for religious education;
- Supply teachers to cover for those teachers who are absent from school accompanying pupils on a residential trips
- Transporting registered pupils to or from the school premises, where the local education authority has a statutory obligation to provide transport
- Transporting registered pupils to other premises where the governing body or local education authority has arranged for pupils to be educated
- Transport provided in connection with an educational training
When organising school trips or visits to enrich the curriculum and the educational experience of the children, the school invites parents/Carers to contribute to the cost. All contributions are voluntary. We have set a standard voluntary contribution of £4 per child towards the cost of one educational visit per academic year.
It is Fortuna’s policy that all children should participate in all educational visits and enrichment experiences. Therefore all children will take part in all of these experiences regardless of parent/carer voluntary contributions. School will subsidise all activities and events.